Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The calgarian summer

Ah the Canadian summer. How I salute you and your rainy clouds and on occasion snow!

Now after that poetic verse I'll talk about what i really wanna talk about. We have all heard that cliche that canadians live in an igloo and it snows, all the time. Part of that cliché is correct. On occasion it will snow and rain heavily in the spring and summer! Which is was happening right now. Why can't we just have normal weather? I mean do think Canada just decided to be in the northern hemisphere? I well maybe it did. Besides that fact that it is a country and cannot move.

Would you enjoy having hail the size of golf balls falling from the sky. Let me tell you a story...

See it was yesterday, yesterday being the operative word if you read this is could very well be Friday or whatever, anyway, it was a monday (oh joy) and I was volunteering at the pleasant hights after school program as usual. And they were gonna go to the pool. But it was starting to get rainy. We went anyway. So we got to the pool got on the deck and I said " no way I'm getting in that water." after much convincing my friend got me to come and it was freezing the next thing I know, the life guard I'd yelling get out of the pool, thunderstorm! Do I get out rush back to the center wet while the wind and black clouds swirled and I froze my tiny canadian butt off!

And that, was my Canadian summer.

This is a picture from when the river overflowed in the park. See this is why rain is scary! Come on people!



Location:Where do ya think?

1 comment:

  1. That was quite the hail storm and quite the rant Tiny. Let's hear you rant about how great a Canadian summer can be!? Eh!?

    ReplyDelete


hit tracker